Duane Forrester announced on the Bing Search blog a major upgrade to Bing Webmaster Tools. He said this is their biggest update since the Honey Badger update from June.
The key updates and changes include:
- Expanded Crawl Details: This includes showing inbound links for any URL including 300, 400 & 500 codes. Plus URLs listed in Robots.txt and Malware headings.
- Improving Email Alerts: This include malware alerts, crawl increase requests, and more.
- URL Normalization Suggestions: Bing will offer URL normalization tips but turn them off by default. Also they have increased the number of query string parameters from 25 items to 50 items per site.
- Deeper Data In Index Explorer: So with this, please expect Traffic Data appearing within the Index Explorer tool.
- DNS verification: You can now verify your website via DNS for domains in your account.
- adCenter Data Integration: Avg CPC column will now show up in the Traffic data.