There are many different plugins for wordpress but one of the more important ones is W3 Total Cache and its basically a plugin designed to make your wordpress site or blog load faster.
GOOGLE LIKES SITES THAT LOAD FAST
Google has talked a lot recently about how its important for your website to load fast and how that’s now related to your organic SEO rankings. So if your site loads slowly, that might be a reason your sites not better ranked at Google. Also important is that if your site is loading slow, it might be turning visitors who are potential clients off and having them leave the site out of frustration.
Your site can be loading slow for multiple reasons. Either you have a lot of big graphics on your site, or possibly your web server or database server are slow. Whatever the reason, this plugin can help your site load faster.
W3 Total Cache improves the user experience of your site by improving your server performance, caching every aspect of your site, reducing the download times and providing transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration. – DOWNLOAD HERE
W 3 TOTAL CACHE BENEFITS & FEATURES
- At least 10x improvement in overall site performance (Grade A in YSlow or significant Google Page Speed improvements) when fully configured
- Improved conversion rates and “site performance” which affect your site’s rank on Google.com
- “Instant” subsequent page views: browser caching
- Optimized progressive render: pages start rendering quickly
- Reduced page load time: increased visitor time on site; visitors view more pages
- Improved web server performance; sustain high traffic periods
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private / dedicated servers and dedicated servers / clusters
- Transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration with Media Library, theme files and WordPress itself
- Mobile support: respective caching of pages by referrer or groups of user agents including theme switching for groups of referrers or user agents
- Caching of (minified and compressed) pages and posts in memory or on disk or on CDN (mirror only)
- Caching of feeds (site, categories, tags, comments, search results) in memory or on disk or on CDN (mirror only)
- Caching of search results pages (i.e. URIs with query string variables) in memory or on disk
- Caching of database objects in memory or on disk
- Caching of objects in memory or on disk
- Minification of posts and pages and feeds
- Minification of inline, embedded or 3rd party CSS (with automated updates)
- Browser caching using cache-control, future expire headers and entity tags (ETag) with “cache-busting”
- Import post attachments directly into the Media Library (and CDN)